• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
1031 Exchanges

There may be ways in which you could "Exchange" your water rights via a 1031 Exchange / Sale and thereby DEFER any capital gains taxes from just an ordinary SALE of your water rights outright for cash. The procedure is called a "1031 Exchange" and must be done using a Certified Exchange Intermediary and we can assist you in this regard.
However, Edwards Water Resources is NOT a Certified Exchange Intermediary or Legal Counsel and both should be used in order to ensure that the 1031 Exchange is consummated in compliance with Texas and United States / Federal Income Tax Laws. But we can help get you the Best Price for your water and then coordinate the sale of your water through a 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchange with the proper assistance. Of course, all decisions in the final say will be yours but we would be glad to assist where and when we can.  

Contact our offices for more information.